Eleonora is an Irish-resident of Italian origin, an award-winning film director and writer with a long experience in the film and advertising industries, as well as a visual artist. She has been involved as a unit director in Sergio Leone’s feature film 900 Days Siege and wrote Winter, a script optioned by Ismail Merchant and developed for the Merchant / Ivory Productions (UK).
She holds a B/M degree in Foreign Literatures and a B/M degree in Film, Theatre & TV Direction, with a specialization in Renaissance Arts in addition. She is a member of the Screen Directors Guild of Ireland (SDGI), the Writers Guild of Ireland (WGI) and the Italian Association of Cinema Authors (ANAC).
At present, after finishing writing the TV series script The Whispering Place, Eleonora is shooting a presentation film for this project, which she started last year with producer/actor Peter J. Sinclair. In parallel she is developing several other feature projects based on her own scripts and stories, like The Slave, The Three Messiahs, Where the Mermaids Sing, as well as TV projects, such as the detective series Double Dolan, featuring a quite unusual pair of detectives, and the period drama Camera Obscura, set in 1913 – 1915.
Pygmalion (Digital, fantasy film, 20′)
Little Apocalypses (35mm, fiction, 52′)
The Blind (35mm, fiction, 40′)
Birthday (35mm, fiction, 20′)
Raffaello Romanelli Scultore, part 1 (Dig., TV docu/fiction, 52′)
Changes (Dig., P&G doc. for schools, 30′)
Never (Dig., music video, 3’30”)
In My Dreams (Super16, music video, 4′)
Masks (Dig., music video,3′ 50”)
Solitude (Super16, music video, 3′ 20”)
Love Boat (Super16, music video, 4’15”)
When The Boss Is Away (Dig., corp. SmithKlein & Beecham, 25′)
A Golden Sunrise (Super16, music video, 3′ 53”) – Writer and co-director
Drink To The Last Drop (Super16, music video, 4′ 45”, award winner) Writer and co-director
Andersen (Dig., corp. Arthur Andersen USA, 30′)
Armenia (16mm, doc./corp. ENI-Italia, 30′, award winner)
Rome, Where Is Tomorrow? (16mm, doc., 20′)
over 120 TV Commercials (1994 – 2008) for advertising agencies such as Leo Burnett, Saatchi & Saatchi, Grey Worldwide, Ogilvy & Mather, J.Walter Thompson, etc., and for many well-known international companies.
- Silver Star Award for Best Commercial for “Stripes” (Video International/Park Productions) at the Film & Commercials Festival of Houston, Texas, USA
- Best Advertisement with Animals Award for “Hush Puppies” (Top Film Productions) at the International Advertisement Festival in Moscow, Russia
- Best Short Film for “Birthday”, Toronto Film Festival, Film Schools section, Canada
- Jury’s mention for “Birthday”, Torino Film Festival, Italy
- Best Director for “Birthday” at the Riga Short Film Festival, Latvia
- Shortlisted Best Short Film for “Pygmalion”, Arcipelago Film Festival, Rome, Italy
- Special Mention for “Little Apocalypses”, Rome Film Festival, 1st edition, Italy
- A Solinas Award for the script “Inverno” [Winter], La Maddalena, Italy
- Special Mention for the historic novel “L’Uomo di Carta”, XXVII Premio Italo Calvino, Italy (manuscript) 2014
- “Michelangelo Buonarroti” Award, narrative section, for “L’Uomo di Carta”, published by Albatros Edizioni, Italy, 2017
- Golden Book Award, narrative section, for “L’Uomo di Carta”, Italy, 2018